Monday, January 18, 2021

Adventures of a Romance Author: Who is Esther?

 


First of all, this was not supposed to be my official blog. But as I have been telling my readers, the platform I chose for my website can only run on high-speed wifi/internet. This sucks for me because I only have a single day of high-speed before it completely goes slow again. Also, my younger brother uses the hotspot on my phone. If he happens to borrow it on the day the high-speed renews ... it is used up within the hour he's finished. But enough about that. Let's get to the real reason you're here.

Hi, I'm Esther and I'm a romance author. I've been writing sweet contemporary romance stories for ten years. No joke. I may have begun my Wattpad obsession in July 2010, but I wrote my first story in January of 2011 and posted it to Wattpad later, in June. Needless to say, that became a reader favorite. I currently have it unpublished and hidden from the public. Because it is in need of severe editing and I just don't have the willpower to open that can of worms right now.

My writing journey began with the name "Esther Elias", temporarily changed to "Hadassah Harper" for a good six (6) years, and now I am back to my original author name. Why did I change it? I went through a phase thinking a pen-name for my writing was the path to follow. I also wrote fantasy and sci-fi under the pen-name "E. M. Malcolms" for three (3) years. Neither of the pen-names will ever reach the "published" status. Two months ago, I came to the conclusion I want my actual name on my work. I had already rebranded my fantasy/sci-fi to "E. S. Elias" and it felt right to change my romances back to "Esther Elias". But just an FYI, everyone knows me as Esther Hadassah or Haddie from the book blog, Haddie's Haven.

My most popular romance novel, to date, is a clean NA romance titled "Superpower". This story is the third in a familial trio I fondly titled the "Trigger Novels". A reader compared it to John Green's "The Fault in Our Stars", but happier. Which totally did not cross my mind until it was brought up. So, if you're a John Green fan, definitely give my book a try. You can find all of my writings on Wattpad and/or Inkitt.

I have plans to publish my books under the imprint Rock Winter Records, which is the fictional recording label found in the "Blood Orange" & "Code of Love", two (2) rockstar romance series I am still writing. Going on three (3) years working on those, but they are coming.

My romances are a tad on the cheesy/cliche side. I honestly love cliches and all things cheesy. I write what I want to read. Anyone else who enjoys my writing is along for the ride. But my interests are higher on the shelf than the rest of the romance loving community.

I love writing Christian-based romances. I haven't in a few years, but that's only because I have so many stories that I haven't gotten around to writing yet.

I love blogging. I was a blogger before I became a "book blogger". I didn't blog about my own writing until Year Three (3) of my writing journey. I've come and gone, bounced around blogs. Moved platforms a few times. Speaking of which, in the pages section of my blog, you will find a link to my showcase, if you will, of all my books. Some of the book pages are still under construction, but the most popular books are there.

So, I think I've covered my introduction to the highest degree. Thank you for dropping by. I hope you will stick around. I plan to post twice a week, at the very least. Comment below and tell me if you've read any of my stories before. If you haven't, I recommend you start with "Superpower" or "Escaping Reality". These are the first two (2) books you will see when you click the Wattpad link at the top of this blog. Thank you again, see you in the funny papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment