Thursday, August 4, 2022

Adventures of a Romance Author: Just an Update | Esther Elias, Romance Author

Hello, lovely readers! I hope this post finds you well. I just want to take a moment to update you on what I have going on and what to expect from me in the coming months. Lots of exciting things are happening that I just haven't shared and I know I owe it to my followers to keep you all in the loop. Let's jump in!

First up, I haven't been working on The Khrebtova Saga. I want to say that I have something to update about it, but I don't. I wish I could say my Camp NaNoWriMo with the third book was a success, but I had other things going on and I've accepted the fact that I couldn't do much about it.

As many of my followers know, I do write under another pen name and sometimes I get pulled into working on my SciFi/Fantasy stories and forget to come back to romance. I love writing both genres and I am trying to find a balance between the two. But sometimes I just get carried away.

The next update involves one of my 2022 Writing Goals. Which was to polish my novel, Escaping Reality. I've kept everything very hush-hush, but I have been working on this book. To the point that I have changed the title twice and I have finalized my official cover art! This means, yes, I do have plans for publication. I can't share very much right now, but I will say that I will be sharing another blog update on this subject later in the month. So keep an eye out!

In addition to the information shared above, I do have some new contemporary stories in the works. I'm circling back around to my Little Women retelling (TEDDY) and the story is about 60% complete. Yes, it is mostly a copy&paste of my short story HOPELESSLY FLAWED, but I've added so much new content that I'm pretty sure I can finish the book by Christmas. This time, for real. I do mean it.

"But wait, Esther. You have 2 books in that graphic." Yes, I do and I am excited to say that, yes, it is another Little Women retelling, but this one has a major twist on the classic story. I can't say too much about it yet, I am still working out the knots in the string. But I am already 15% into the story. Originally, it was just something to help me get my mind off a few things, but then it became a whole thing and I really like how it's turning out. I will talk more about this in the fall.

And finally, I am updating my book covers again. I watch the trends in the romance genre and I know there is a season of interest for readers. So, yeah; I updated some of them and I plan to update as many of them as I am able. I'll share them on my social platforms soon.

Thank you for dropping in. I wish you a fantastic rest of your week. Stay safe, stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment