Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Adventures of a Romance Author: Yeah, I'm doing it | Esther Elias, Romance Author

Hello, lovely readers! I have some really awesome news to share with you. And after giving it a lot of thought, I have also decided I am continuing THE KHREBTOVA SAGA. Yes, the very series I mentioned in my recent post. Don't jump to conclusions just yet. I've had some feedback from a few people in favor of this decision. Let's discuss it all.

Firstly, THE KHREBTOVA SAGA. I was very moved by the sudden interest in the current, completed books I have on Wattpad. When I shared my concerns and doubts, I was met by a wave of positive feedback in the form of new readers checking out the books and binge-voting like they had only one (1) day left to live and read.

After reading the comments from people asking if I intend to finish the series (mainly Book 3 right now), I came to the conclusion my concerns and doubts were valid, but not necessary. Thus, my decision was made.

I've told my SciFi-Fantasy-loving side to set aside any and all the new, shiny ideas until I do the following: Finish "Poisoned Apple", and draft Book 4, titled "Without Price". These are the 2 books I am writing this year. I've spent time (and some money) on these books already. I purchased stock images and made all the covers myself. Worth showing 'em off, I think yes!

Allow me to take you down Memory Lane and tell you what inspired me to write this series in the first place. I was very deep into reading the Hagenheim Medieval Fairytales series by  Melanie Dickerson, enthralled with Jenni James' Faer Tale Collection, and deeply moved by the Noble Knights series by Jody Hedlund. What these authors share in common is their ability to blend genres. These are the authors who heavily influenced my writing style for the Khrebtova novellas.

That's as far as I am gonna go on this subject, for now. (This next bit, somehow, got deleted before I posted it)

I am publishing the paperback for one of my romance novels. I do not have many details to share as of yet, but it will be at the end of May, or the beginning of June. I will share more details in mid-April.

Thanks for joining me! Stay safe, stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment