Friday, March 4, 2022

Adventures of a Romance Author: The Khrebtova Saga & | Esther Elias, Romance Author

Hello, lovely readers! I hope you are doing well. In light of current events and circumstances between Russia and Ukraine, I feel the need to approach the subject regarding my Russian-inspired, Christian Fairytale retellings. The stories are set in Medieval Russia; the family is completely fictional and not based on any "real" people of that time. And truthfully, I try to give the characters the best of morals I can.

I was preparing an Instagram post to share the covers and future plans for the continuation of the series when it truly dawned on me that the world might not want to see something like this, not right now.

It's not all of Russia attacking Ukraine, I know this. But I also know and understand the perspective of some people (no one specific, just in general) when it comes to being sensitive to certain situations and the timing of it all.

I have every intention of completing my series. I do not want the saga to get left on the shelf anymore. This very week, I came across all of my notes and the plans I have for each novella, and I genuinely thought "Oh, these books are so good, I need to get back into them!" I mean, this is a series I have spent time and money on (I bought all the resources for the complete cover set). But then doubt and imposter syndrome started to set in, and then my brain went to the news. I don't know of any better way to handle this than to just say the following:

Until further notice, I will not be promoting my Russian-inspired Christian Fairytale retellings, The Khrebtova Saga. I might try to rework the series and change things. But for now, the only thing I can do is keep Russia and Ukraine in my prayers. I will re-evaluate this series in the coming weeks and I will go from there.

If any of my readers who have read and loved the first books in this series have any thoughts on what I should do about this matter, I am willing to hear you and see what else I can do. Should I even continue writing the series? The spin-off (because I also have that in the works)? Let me know. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment