Monday, January 3, 2022

Adventures of a Romance Author: My 2022 Writing Goals | Esther Elias, Romance Author

Hello, lovely readers
! While I do tend to have trouble keeping my new goals (life), I do like setting them and working hard to reach them. But I like setting them because I eventually complete half of them. So, I have compiled a set of simple goals that I hope to achieve in 2022.

Goal #1:  Write my Christmas Comedy.
    I started this story back at the start of 2018. I barely shared any details because I didn't want to "make promises" I can't keep. I truly tried to get at least part of this story done during Christmas 2021, but I had too much going on and I allowed myself to take a break.
    I wanted to write this book and have it out for readers during the holiday season, and it was supposed to give me a break from all the fantasy writing I just came out of during NaNoWriMo2021. (Interested in knowing more about my NaNo projects and writing month challenges? Check out The WriMo Blog.)

Goal #2: Polish my book, Escaping Reality.
    As far as I can see with this book, in particular, there is very little that I need to fix. I've never had complaints about typos (though I have fixed several) or the overall story development. E.R. has had raving comments (as few as they are) and I still see many people reading across all my platforms.
    What I need for this book is a final cover. I love the one I have, but it is not for commercial use. I only have permission for personal use and cannot afford to license the image(s) for commercial use. Not yet, anyway.

Goal #3: Rewrite 3 of my Contemporary Books.
    I have 3 books that need some serious work. I'm talking plot holes, massive grammar issues, and overall reworking. My most previous post explains my editing plans and goals. I still hope to achieve them, I just need the time. (Check out that post here.)

Goal #4: Finish Writing TTWDC.
    TTWDC or better known as "The Tears We Don't Cry", has been on the back-burner for nearly three years now. Why haven't I gone back to this story? It's a hard one to write. I dig deep into memories I don't really want to revisit, because the main character is pretty much based on me.
    However, the reason I want to get this book finished is? I have plans for one of the side characters. But more on that another time.

Goal #5: Rock Winter Records as an LLC or Indie Publisher.
    I keep setting this goal because I know it will soon become possible. It is just quite difficult for me to finance creating this imprint for my future publishing. I am actually considering changing the name. Not that I will go through with changing the name, because I have already put everything into place and the name is established. People are recognizing me as the owner of the name. But... does RWR fit any of my works, other than the rockstar romance books? Maybe ...


Anyway, these are the goals I have for 2022. Will I stick to them? I guess we will find out together. Thank you for being here, see you in the funny papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment