Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Adventures of a Romance Author: Editing Plans | My Finished Books!

Hello, lovely readers! It's been a while since my last update, but I've just had so much going on that I haven't focused on maintaining my usual posting schedule. Today's post is about my plans to edit some of my completed works. To which of my books/works am I referring? Let's discuss!

Just a little disclaimer here: All of my cover art is used for PERSONAL USE ONLY. I am not selling my books with these covers and if I ever do sell them, they will be with commercial-licensed images that I will purchase myself. Thank you.
First of all, I make no promises when it comes to my plans. I have learned the hard way that plans are subject to change, sometimes to the extent that I cannot control the change. I also do not know when any of my goals or plans will go into effect because I am currently focused on a NaNoWriMo project under my other pen name.

Down to business. I so badly want to edit my YA romance, Nothing Between Us. It was the first book I ever finished during a CampNaNo month and was the book I wrote to give myself an escape. A lot of the characters and events, though fictionalized, were loosely based on people and experiences IRL. I would love to have a physical copy of this book for my shelf so I can show it off. It would make a great gift to me for finishing it. NBU is one of the books that has split opinions. Some readers think it is "too happy", others found the story to be a fun escape from reality. (see what I did here? haha)

My sweet Christian romance, Escaping Reality, needs a bit of editing. But only a little bit, because I do have this one in paperback and it looks superb. As far as I can tell, anyway. This is a book that I completely pansted. There is no outline in existence and it does really well as far as readers are concerned. Although, the book does better on Inkitt than it does on Wattpad. I think it is because there is a "norm" to the type of romances people search for on Wattpad. ER definitely breaks away from that mold.

Jake Harper is a heartthrob. Everyone falls in love with him.
Another book in need of attention is PIECES OF ME, which was my NaNo project of 2016. I haven't gone back to work on this book in a long time. Like NBU, this book is special. But it is special in a different way because I based the main love interest on someone I had met and was good friends with. That's all we were though, friends. I just used some of our means of communication as a foundation for romance. I think this was the first book I ever outlined, though I definitely did a lot of discovery writing.

Many readers have called Aldrich's character "refreshing" to read about. I have a very good knack for writing male POVs. Which makes this an excellent segway into the next book I hope to work on.

SUPERPOWER is my most popular romance, to this day. This is also a book that does better on Inkitt than it does on Wattpad. I have received many 5-star ratings for this book, each comparing the story to John Green's The Fault in Our Stars, but happier and more enjoyable. I definitely see the happier, but more enjoyable? I'll take it as the highest compliment. - I know I had at least 10 reviews on Inkitt, but I moved the book to a new account and lost those reviews. But that's okay. It still does really well.

This book, for sure, has many typos. Maybe some overall story edits might be needed for consistency. I want this book in paperback, too. It took me almost 3 years to write. I started writing it in summer/fall 2016, which was actually a few months after I had finished NBU. I wrote 5 books in 2016. SP was the only one I didn't finish within the same year.

Finally, my most read book (on Wattpad) is Romeo's Sneakers. This is a YA modern retelling of Romeo and Juliet. I wrote it during CampNaNoWriMo July 2016. This book has the most typos and I pantsed the whole thing. (I have a post about my journey from pantsing to planning, be on the lookout for that!)

I do have a proof paperback copy ready to order, but I haven't had the extra money to get it shipped yet. I might get it in time for Christmas or the New Year, I think. It is going to look so pretty when I hold it in my hands. *happy sighs*

Well, this is all I have for now. Thank you so much for joining me. I hope you are doing well. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment