Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Adventures of a Romance Author: Writing Updates and the Trigger Series

Hello, lovely readersIt’s been a while, I know. But hopefully, you are all keeping up with my current projects over on The WriMo Blog. If you’re not, I recommend you give it a follow on the social platforms @TheWriMoBlog on Instagram and Facebook, as well as the official blog site, https://thewrimoblog-eh.blogger.com

Anyway, I wanted to bring up some of my plans for later this year. I mentioned on The WriMo Blog that I wanted to work on The Modern Classics stories this summer. I made the goal based on the outcome of a writing contest I’m participating in under my sci-fi/fantasy pen name. However, I recently made the decision that once the final round is announced and if I’m not a Finalist, I will be logging out of my AuthorESElias profile for a while. It’s been logged in since 2019 on a permanent basis, so any updates I’ve made to my EstherEliasRomance profile have been through a temporary log-in time.

Additionally, I have also made the decision to start a revising process for three of my books. If you’ve been following me for a while you remember the Trigger series. 

The TRIGGER books are going to be getting an overhaul this winter; this is of course depending on the progress of my current goals. The first book "Trigger" and its mini-prequel "Triggered" are going to be revised as a single novel. I want

I unpublished the second book "Solorio" because I know there are things missing, plot-wise; a butt-ton of unanswered questions that I didn't intend upon having.

The third book, which most of you will remember as “Super Power” and then retitled “The Girl I’m Gonna Marry”, is going to enter a revisions stage before the previous books, because it is my most popular, next to my Romeo & Juliet inspired romance, Ren & Jade.

You might be wondering what has triggered this decision. Well, it’s because I recently received a comment from a new reader who completely made my week. I mentioned to this reader my goal to eventually publish the book and this reader said that they think I should go for it. I would love to go for it, but I don’t see it happening this year.

However, I do see myself working on TGIGM (Trigger #3) before the year is over. I can say this with confidence but I cannot reveal -yet- why. But I will tell you a few things that will be different in the future version because I’ve been planning.

I’m going to change the sub-plot for Eric’s twin brother. I’ve always felt that the brother’s girlfriend could have done some things differently and her actions were not justified. Or rather, I think I will just alter some details to better emphasize the situation and choices made by side characters.

Anyway, that's what I wanted to share. If anyone has read Eric's book before, comment below! The book has a lot of silent readers, but I know it is a favorite.

Stay safe, and awesome. See you in the funny papers!



No comments:

Post a Comment