Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Adventures of a Romance Author: Where My Focus Has Been, Where it Will Be

 

Hello, sweet darlings. It's a lovely day where I am. I'm not sure what today's post is about, so let's just get to it.

For the last 2-3 years, I've been focused on my fantasy/sci-fi writings. (If you would like to follow my alter-ego, E. S. Elias, visit that blog here.) Have I accomplished the goal for the books I was working on? Almost. I am still working on a fantasy series, currently three books, but I feel I am at a good place where I can juggle my projects again.

Sitting at the top of my "Romance Priorities" list is a novella (a freaking novella!) called Hold Your Breath. This is a romance inspired by the Chase Atlantic song with the same title. I started this romance a while back and had begun sharing chapters to Wattpad, but because the emotions are so strong and the plot is quite intense in the sad department, I find myself taking a pause. Some more frequent and longer than others.

Hold Your Breath is a clean (for the most part) new adult romance that follows love and living life, in spite of life-altering situations. I tend to lean on personal experiences when coming up with these situations for my writing, but when I write about something I have not experienced myself, there's some improvision happening. But I do a lot of research and I ask a lot of questions to the right people. People willing to answer my questions because not everyone really wants to dive into such topics.

I don't want to make this post too wordy, I just wanted to share my romance focus. If you would like to read the current chapters, click here. I would love to know what you think of the book so far.
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you're doing well and having a fantastic week. Stay safe, stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment