Sunday, January 31, 2021

Adventures of a Romance Author: The Process of Rebranding My Books

Hello, lovely readers! Welcome back to the blog. How am I doing with the theme? Do you like it? I keep playing around with the themes and colors. I just want the blog to match the banner. Anyway, today's post is about the process I took to transfer from the "Hadassah Harper" brand.
Rebranding my books started with the book covers. As many of my readers know, I design the majority of my book covers. I have not gone to another Wattpad artist in a long time, mainly because most of them just don't get back to me or they pull out of their commitment. This is fine and makes me glad I approach them with my questions before giving them any info for the cover(s).
Anyway, changing the name on my covers was not too bad of a hassle. I had most of the layer files for the covers already. For some of the other covers, I didn't have layer files. I created new designs. Most of which were from the Canva template library. I had a lot of fun redesigning those covers. Many of my books needed a face-lift. Choosing to rebrand gave me an excuse to change book covers that weren't doing the job anymore. I still have a few to change, but because I'm not working on them and they are not actually posted, it's going to be fine for now.
Following the covers came the name changes on social media. I actually made those changes before redesigning my book covers. Because I could complete these tasks in tandem. All of my social media, the accounts I am planning to be most active on, anyway, are changed to my author name. Following this was deciding what my scheme colors would be. I knew "Hadassah Harper" made me think of light, pastel colors. "E. S. Elias" follows a blue color wheel. Splashes of orange-ish browns for pop. I chose not to stray too far away from pink, so I just chose a different shade and added some purples. 

Thank you so much for dropping in. I hope you found this post informative regarding my author brand. Please come back soon. I plan to have at least 2 posts a week, if not once a week. Stay safe, stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment